from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A film on which printed materials are photographed at greatly reduced size for ease of storage.
- n. A reproduction on this kind of film.
- transitive v. To reproduce (documents, for example) on microfilm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A continuous roll of film containing photographs of documents at a greatly reduced size
- v. To reproduce documents on such film
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a photographic film with one or more very small images of printed or other graphic matter. Numerous images, corresponding to the contents of a book, newspaper, or journal, are typically produced on one long roll of film, and may be viewed for reading in a special apparatus called a microfilm reader.
- transitive v. to photograph and produce images of on microfilm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. record on microfilm
- n. film on which materials are photographed at greatly reduced size; useful for storage; a magnification system is used to read the material
micro- + film (Wiktionary)