from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A relatively narrow magnetic tape used to record sound for subsequent playback.
- n. A tape recording of sound.
- transitive v. To record (sound) on magnetic tape: audiotaped the interview for replay on radio.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A magnetic tape that stores analog sound for later playback on a tape player.
- n. A musician or band's demo tape.
- n. Any of a cassette tape, eight-track tape, reel-to-reel tape, DAT, etc.
- v. To record onto audiotape.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. magnetic tape for use in recording sound.
- n. a tape recording of sound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. magnetic tape for use in recording sound
- n. a tape recording of sound
audio + tape (Wiktionary)