from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of condition.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of condition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the prevailing context that influences the performance or the outcome of a process
- n. the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation
- n. the set of circumstances that affect someone's welfare
Sorry, no etymologies found.
• Djokovic beats Frenchman 7-6, 6-1, 6-2 in windy conditions• Serb into semi-finals after match in 'worst conditions so far'
Certain conditions and preconditions can be equally precise -- we shall only speak French during our negotiations, each party shall have jars of jellybeans in arm's reach -- but where _conditions_ apply generally to all such negotiations, _preconditions_ are incorporated into the specific terms of that specific agreement.
A change of conditions occurs which threatens the existence of the species, but the _two varieties_ are adapted to the changing conditions, and, if accumulated, will form two new _species adapted to the new conditions_.
These conditions of temperature and pressure are known as the _standard conditions_, and when the volume of a gas is given it is understood that the measurement was made under these conditions, unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
There must therefore be an intrinsic connection between the conditions and the structural adaptations of the organism, and, _since the conditions of life cannot be determined by the animal itself, the adaptations must be called forth by the conditions_.
HIRE TERMS CHECKBOX: By ticking the box labelled "I have read and understand the terms and conditions*", on our CHECKOUT Page, all hirers are bound by our booking terms and conditions as shown below.
Biking, under certain conditions, is or is perceived to be less safe than other methods of transit and women are more concerned about safety generally.
You are going to have a hard time convincing your lender to agree to revise the term conditions, as you are already in financial trouble.
Mr. Wen called for the creation of what he called conditions for people to criticize and supervise the government, but he gave no details.
Performing well in all weather conditions is a clear sign that the grape is where it should be.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.