from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined to be lenient or merciful.
- adj. Mild: clement weather.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lenient or merciful; charitable.
- adj. Said of weather and similar circumstances that are mild.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Mild in temper and disposition; merciful; compassionate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Mild in temper and disposition; gentle; forbearing; lenient; merciful; compassionate; tender.
- Synonyms Forbearing, indulgent, forgiving.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of persons or behavior) inclined to show mercy
- adj. (of weather or climate) physically mild
Even in clement weather, many of them are tucked away in darkened cinemas watching the autumn releases.
Nor is the case improved one whit even if one were to call the clement he has isolated not an individual substance but a quality: for there will still be the one beside the many, just as
The Yankees would move outside at the first sign of clement conditions.
Sofitel Cartagena Santa Clara The colonial patio in Sofitel's Santa Clara hotel Even though much of the jungle is still semi-flooded we soldier on and hire some mules and a guide to take us to the nearest swimming beach La Piscina, located a half-hour walk away when it is more clement, an hour this time.
Remittance growth is down, global capital flows are slowing and the weather may not be as clement as for the past two years.
Sure sucks there were 2 decent Gov cand. in IL clement
Yet, despite the clement weather and close-knit circle of friends, he is now considering moving to London.
A clement breeze, overloaded with the scent of the chokecherry blossoms, eddied around me as I headed to the storage shed.
It has been so clement of late it seems likely that if it holds a big if, English producers will better their record 4m-bottle output of 2010.
If she wants a president with EXPERIENCE ... clement
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.