American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To knock against others intentionally while dancing at a rock concert; slam-dance.
- v. To knock against (someone) intentionally while dancing at a rock concert.
- v. intransitive To dance by intentionally jumping into and colliding with other, similarly behaving dancers, and performing other wild, aggressive, or spastic movements.
- v. transitive To intentionally jump into and collide with another, similarly behaving dancer at a concert.
- v. dance the slam dance
- Possibly an alteration or deformation of mash. (Wiktionary)
- Perhaps alteration of mash. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The so-called mosh pit is the kiss of death for whoever performs there.”
“Mache (pronounced "mosh" and accented with a little French hat above the 'a' which I can't seem to figure out on Blogger) is a fresh-tasting salad green, pricey but elegant looking so good for special occasions.”
“Paloma Faith trying to be down with the kids as she ask them to 'mosh' to the most soulful of tunes.”
“With all the hooplawdy about wolves and the would we shoot and should we shoot stuff being belched forth like bad BBQ and good beer at a NASCAR race I thought I'd toss this tidbit into the mosh pit.”
“Probably louder and more earnest than a lot of mosh pits.”
“So I am going to keep braving the Grade 5 mosh pit to keep up their unbridled enthusiasm even if it means a few lost books and not being able to hear as well.”
“Acclaimed video artist Floria Sigismondi directs from her own script, and her luscious camerawork captures every sweaty detail-from the filthy trailer where the women practice to the mosh pits of Tokyo.”
“Still ... is it enough to make me watch SPN and get in the mosh pit of fandom batshit?”
“It starred Emilio Estevez and Harry Dean Stanton as a repo protegee and his jaded mentor and threw in everything from aliens to embryonic mosh pits to West Coast punk rock hooligans carrying out burglaries at low-rent convenience stores, not to mention the classic movie line: “John Wayne was a fag.””
“This movie reminded me a lot of Spider Man 3, just a mish mosh of plotlines that never really come together to tell a story.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mosh’.
Words from the songs of Frank Black, a.k.a. Black Francis
I was tragically born with an extra left foot. If I weren't so debilitated, this would be my to-do list.
Totally ripped off from John.
Looking for tweets for mosh.