from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Patiently enduring wrongs or difficulties.
- n. Patient endurance. See Synonyms at patience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having endured mental or physical discomfort for a protracted period of time patiently or without complaint.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Bearing injuries or provocation for a long time; patient endurance of pain or unhappiness; patient; not easily provoked.
- n. disposed to bear inconvenience or injury patiently; long patience of offense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Long endurance of injury or provocation; patience under offense.
- Bearing injuries or provocation with patience; not easily moved to retaliation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. patiently bearing continual wrongs or trouble
- n. patient endurance of pain or unhappiness
Sorry, no etymologies found.