from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that owns or manages an inn or hotel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person responsible for the running of an inn, usually the proprietor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who keeps an inn; the proprietor or manager of an inn or hotel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The keeper of an inn; an innholder; a taverner; in law, one who holds himself out to the public as ready to accommodate all comers with the conveniences usually supplied to travelers on their journeys.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the owner or manager of an inn
From inn + keeper. (Wiktionary)