from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that upholsters furniture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A craftsman who upholsters furniture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who provides hangings, coverings, cushions, curtains, and the like; one who upholsters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who upholsters, or provides and puts in place curtains, carpets, textile coverings for furniture, and the like.
- n. An upholsterer-bee; a leaf-cutter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a craftsman who upholsters furniture
From obsolete upholster, from Middle English upholdester : upholden, to repair (up, up; see up + holden, to hold; see hold1) + -ster, -ster.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)