from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person employed to card wool.
- n. A carding machine.
- n. A criminal who steals information from credit cards.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which cards wool flax, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who plays at cards; a gamester: as, “coggers, carders, dicers,”
- n. One who or that which cards wool; specifically, the machine employed in carding wool.
- n. [capitalized] One of an association of Irish rebels who tortured their victims by driving a wool- or flax-card into their backs and then dragging it down along the spine.
- n. A jackdaw.
- n. Same as carder-bee (which see).
card + -er (Wiktionary)