from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Apparel worn beneath outer garments; underclothing.
- n. An outer garment, such as a dress beneath a tunic or coat, that is worn as part of a costume or suit.
- intransitive v. To dress too informally for the occasion.
- intransitive v. To dress without sufficient warmth: You're underdressing that baby for such a cold day.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To dress in insufficiently warm clothes.
- v. To dress in insufficiently formal clothes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dress informally and casually
- v. dress without sufficient warmth
From under- + dress. (Wiktionary)