from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cosmetic care of the feet and toenails.
- n. A cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails.
- n. A podiatrist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. superficial cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails
- v. To apply such treatment to the feet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Professional care of the feet, toes, and toenails.
- n. A single treatment of the feet, toes, and toenails.
- n. One who cares for the feet and nails; a chiropodist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The cure or care of the feet. Compare manicure.
- n. One whose business is the surgical care of the feet.
- To care for the feet of (some one), and to treat minor ailments of the feet, such as corns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. professional care for the feet and toenails
- v. care for one's feet by cutting and shaping the nails, etc.
French pédicure : Latin pēs, ped-, foot; see pedi- + Latin cūra, care; see cure.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin pedis (feet) (Wiktionary)