from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long straight pin usually with an ornamental head, used to secure a hat to the wearer's hair.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long straight pin, often with a decorative head, used to secure a woman's hat to her hair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a long sturdy pin used by women to secure a hat to their hair.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A long metallic pin. often with a fancy head, used for fastening on a woman's hat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a long sturdy pin used by women to secure a hat to their hair
hat + pin (Wiktionary)