from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that prepares tanned hides for use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A specialist in the leather processing industry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who curries and dresses leather, after it is tanned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who dresses and colors leather after it is tanned.
- n. . A very small musketoon with a swivel mounting.
- n. A wax candle; a light used in catching birds. See quarrier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a craftsman who curries leather for use
- n. United States lithographer who (with his partner James Ives) produced thousands of prints signed `Currier & Ives' (1813-1888)
Middle English curreiour, from Old French, from Latin coriārius, from corium, leather; see sker-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)