from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of wax.
- n. this sense?) (uncountable) the action of the verb to wax.
- n. A cosmetic procedure in which hair is removed from the body by the application and removal of wax.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The coating of thread with wax previous to sewing.
- n. A method of blacking, dressing, and polishing leather, to give it a finish.
- n. In calico-printing, the process of stopping out colors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the application of wax to a surface
- adj. (of the moon) pertaining to the period during which the visible surface of the moon increases
- n. a gradual increase in magnitude or extent
Sorry, no etymologies found.