from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A spreading inflammation of subcutaneous or connective tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inflammation of subcutaneous or connective tissue caused by a bacterial infection
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inflammantion of the cellular or areolar tissue, esp. of that lying immediately beneath the skin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, inflammation of cellular or connective tissue, especially in its looser forms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inflammation of body tissue (especially that below the skin) characterized by fever and swelling and redness and pain
cellul(e) + -itis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)