from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cyst of a tarsal gland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cyst in the eyelid, caused by inflammation of a blocked meibomian gland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small circumscribed tumor of the eyelid caused by retention of secretion, and by inflammation of the Melbomian glands.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a transparent swelling on the eyelid, due to inflammation of a Meibomian gland with obstruction of its duct. Also chalaza.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small sebaceous cyst of the eyelid resulting when a Meibomian gland is blocked
Greek khalazion, diminutive of khalaza, hard lump, hailstone.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)