Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Supplication; prayer.
- n. The act of postulating, or assuming without proof; supposition; assumption.
- n. In ecclesiastical law, the presentation or election to any office of one who is in some way disqualified for the appointment.
- n. The act of postulating or something postulated
- n. logic Something self-evident that can be assumed as the basis of an argument
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of postulating, or that which is postulated; assumption; solicitation; suit; cause.
- n. a formal message requesting something that is submitted to an authority
- n. (logic) a declaration of something self-evident; something that can be assumed as the basis for argument
“If the "earn them on one hunt, collect them on another" postulation is true -- all I can say is that I've been building up an exponential payday over the past 7 years!”
“A postulation is a petition presented to a competent ecclesiastical superior, that he may promote to a certain dignity a person who is not strictly eligible on account of some canonical impediment which is usually dispensable.”
“A postulation that it began with the cell and that it was designed.”
“But getting back to the reason why I pasted the quote into this comment, this is the only postulation in the book that Behe makes in regards to the origin of life.”
“Cox and Forshaw take us through more than a century of postulation and exploration, ending with the mystery of the Higgs boson, a particle that may account for the masses of other subatomic particles.”
“But that private view (still a postulation, not even an hypothesis in my mind) is not helped when I read the latest on climate data.”
“In response to your postulation that “when managed properly, human hunters, predators, and a healthy, natural ecosystem can all coexist” I must agree with you, based on the reality of rational, empirical science.”
“Syādvāda, an ancient Jainist doctrine of 7-fold postulation, allows you a multiplicity of angles of seeing reality.”
“And thus it is our task to give you the latest hopeful postulation on the subject of Wayne Rooney's marriage.”
“But even if there is no explicit postulation of affect, the term deeply implies a negative reaction in its connotations, its associations with the other-worldly, the unnatural, the eery, the eldritch, the unheimlich.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘postulation’.
Looking for tweets for postulation.