from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Knowledge or understanding of one's own nature, abilities, and limitations; insight into oneself.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Knowledge or insight into one's own nature and abilities.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Knowledge of one's self, or of one's own character, powers, limitations, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The knowledge of one's own real character, abilities, worth, or demerit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an understanding of yourself and your goals and abilities
self- + knowledge (Wiktionary)