from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An introspective consideration of one's own thoughts or emotions.
- n. Examination of one's own body for medical reasons: a periodontal self-examination; a breast self-examination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An examination of oneself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An examination into one's own state, conduct, and motives, particularly in regard to religious feelings and duties.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An examination or scrutiny into one's own state, conduct, or motives, particularly in regard to religious affections and duties.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the contemplation of your own thoughts and desires and conduct
Sorry, no etymologies found.