from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The interrogating or questioning of a witness by the party against whom he or she has been called and examined. See examination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The interrogating or questioning of a witness by the party against whom he has been called and examined. See examination.
- n. close or detailed questioning.
- n. that made by the opposite party.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The examination or interrogation of a witness called by one party by the opposite party or his counsel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (law) close questioning of a hostile witness in a court of law to discredit or throw a new light on the testimony already provided in direct examination
Sorry, no etymologies found.