from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the condition of, or the time served by, an apprentice
- n. the system by which a person learning a craft or trade is instructed by a master for a set time under set conditions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The service or condition of an apprentice; the state in which a person is gaining instruction in a trade or art, under legal agreement.
- n. The time an apprentice is serving (sometimes seven years, as from the age of fourteen to twenty-one).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The service or legal condition of an apprentice; the method or process of gaining knowledge of some trade, art, or profession from the instruction of a master.
- n. The term during which one is an apprentice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the position of apprentice
apprentice + -ship (Wiktionary)