Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which is worn off by a drill from the substance drilled.
- n. A twilled linen or cotton cloth, very stout, and used for waist-linings, summer trousers, etc. Also called drill and drills.
- v. present participle of drill.
- n. Act of drilling.
- n. A heavy, twilled fabric of linen or cotton; drill.
- n. A long firearm with three (or rarely, four) barrels.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of piercing with a drill.
- n. A training by repeated exercises.
- n. The act of using a drill in sowing seeds.
- n. (Manuf.) A heavy, twilled fabric of linen or cotton.
- n. the act of drilling
- n. the act of drilling a hole in the earth in the hope of producing petroleum
- From German drei (three) (Wiktionary)
“With the aggressive backing of the Bush administration, many members of Congress and the energy industry, at least a sixfold expansion in drilling is likely here in the coming decade.”
“The definition drilling at both the east and west designed pit areas continues to intersect wide intervals of iron formation containing distinct zones of high-grade, coarse-grained, specular hematite-rich mineralization.”
“Horizontal drilling is another impressive breakthrough that allows us to get to oil and gas that was previously unattainable.”
“Note that almost all the drilling is proposed for the coasts of red states.”
“My cite also makes the point that Obama apparently believes that more drilling is fairly small potatoes – which other posters, somewhat more perspicacious than DTM have already grasped and made reference to.”
“It is a wonderful example of a collective will to perform a near-miracle in drilling over 2000 feet through solid rock in a fragile area repeatedly cited for unsafe mining conditions.”
“These operators know that drilling is not over in the Gulf of Mexico.”
“He said that he expected the industry to begin drilling again in the Gulf next year.”
“In the Gulf of Mexico, while some operators have expressed frustration at the pace of permitting, Kirkland said its near-term drilling program was on track with two more deepwater rigs due to join its three already working there now.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘drilling’.
Words that relate to learning, knowing, being enlightened...
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
A list of terms encountered in the jargon of hydrocarbon exploration, mapping, and extraction.
Woven, knit and tatted fabrics. Other kinds of cloth, such as tapa and chamois are not included.
An obnoxious and ridiculous madlib list where verbish '-ing' words fill in the blank wherein the blank is a call for a beating.
"You're ________in' for a brus...
Looking for tweets for drilling.