Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A narrow bordering of net, lace, or ribbon plaited so as to resemble a row of quills.
- n. the art of creating decorative designs from thin strips of curled paper
- n. obsolete a band of fluted muslin resembling a row of quills
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A band of linen, muslin, or the like, fluted, folded, or plaited so as somewhat to resemble a row of quills.
- n. One of the rounded plaits or flutings of such a band.
“And then I was transferred into what they called the quilling room where you run the pieces of yarn off of one bobbin on another until you got it full.”
“Grass thin, bristle grass quilling, rifing in the light's bone yellows,”
“I honestly had a little spasm looking at the quilling cake.”
“These are so cool - and I've never heard of quilling before, but it looks awesome!”
“One of the best quilling artists I've ever seen is Yulia Brodskaya - just look how gorgeous:”
“I know the perfect cake for quilling, do a cake of a broken open "party popper" the relatively-benign firework with the little rolls of paper inside.”
“I think I just got some good ideas for decorating my next cake... too bad my next one is for my 15 year old son... you think he'd prefer quilling or cross-stitch because I am NOT doing that crochet thing - beautiful though it may be!”
“So, can we see the results of your single foray into quilling?”
“Being a cross-stitcher and crafty-kinda-gal who also loves to "do" quilling AND an admirer of cake decorating, today's blog entry has my eyes totally satisfied and wanting a cigarette!”
“So now that you know what it is, can you spot the quilling on this cake?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘quilling’.
Ever get stuck with the random bunch of letters and a q and not know any words? Well, maybe this will help.
Looking for tweets for quilling.