from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A confinement in a place, especially a prison.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of imprisoning, or the state of being imprisoned: confinement in or as if in prison; any forcible restraint within bounds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being imprisoned
- n. putting someone in prison or in jail as lawful punishment
- n. the act of confining someone in a prison (or as if in a prison)
imprison + -ment (Wiktionary)