American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An examination; an investigation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Examination; disquisition; inquiry; scrutiny.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. rare Examination; inquiry.
- n. a critical study (as of a writer's work)
- n. a detailed inspection of your conscience (as done daily by Jesuits)
- Latin, the tongue of a balance, examination; for exagmen, from exigere to weigh accurately, to treat: compare French examen. See exact. (Wiktionary)
- Latin exāmen, a weighing out; see examine. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The practice is called the examen, and begins with asking God to open my eyes to see my day as He might see it.”
“You must therefore expect the most critical 'examen' that ever anybody underwent.”
“Israël résiste à une enquête internationale, prêt à un "examen" interne”
“Jesuits just because liberation theology life examen life update natural disasters”
“December 18, 2009 tags: #best09, books, life examen by Meg”
“May 9, 2010 tags: Battambang, Humanitarian work, life examen, Social Justice by Meg”
“June 10, 2010 tags: Battambang, life examen by Meg”
“December 14, 2009 tags: #best09, life examen, rape culture by Meg”
“December 14, 2009 tags: #best09, BC, Boston marathon, life examen by Meg”
“December 16, 2009 tags: #best09, life examen by Meg”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘examen’.
based on quote by Hesychius of Batos thornbush
who it is believed lived sometime between 700 and 900 AD
The heart that is freed from imaginings ends up by producing in itself hol...
Looking for tweets for examen.