from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small group of advanced students in a college or graduate school engaged in original research or intensive study under the guidance of a professor who meets regularly with them to discuss their reports and findings.
- n. A course of study so pursued.
- n. A scheduled meeting of such a group.
- n. A meeting for an exchange of ideas; a conference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A class held for advanced studies in which students meet regularly to discuss original research, under the guidance of a professor.
- n. A meeting held for the exchange of useful information by members of a common business community.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A group of students engaged, under the guidance of an instructor, in original research in a particular line of study, and in the exposition of the results by theses, lectures, etc.; -- formerly called also seminary, now seldom used in this sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as seminary. 5.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any meeting for an exchange of ideas
- n. a course offered for a small group of advanced students
The two hour seminar is a free two hour sales pitch for another seminar, which costs between $3,500 and $4,000.
This seminar is aimed at people interested in doing business in the open environment presented by rapidly developing networked communications.
The material from this seminar is also available under a Creative Commons license (the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License) for others to re-use and add to in creative ways.
The design of a seminar is to bring together researchers as well as developers from academia as well as industry working in a areas of image, video as well as audio applications, with a special concentration upon analysis.
The seminar is at Wake Forest University, June 2-8.
The actuarial student does most of the learning on their own, and the seminar is to summarize the material and get over hard points.
Pancho was seen via Skype at the Wine Academy of Spain seminar in NY this week.
LIVING WELL WITH DIABETES SEMINAR, led by physicians, the seminar is for people with diabetes, family and friends. 9-11 a.m.,
I realize the seminar is expensive — which means it's not for everyone — but as busy as I'm getting nowadays, something like this seems the only way.
The instructor talent lineup for this seminar is daunting even to me, and I'm one of them!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.