from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A printed report giving news or information of interest to a special group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A periodically sent publication containing current events or the like, generally on a particular topic or geared toward a limited audience.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A circular letter, written or printed for the purpose of disseminating news. This was the name given to the earliest English newspapers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A letter or report containing news intended for general circulation, originally circulated in manuscript.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. report or open letter giving informal or confidential news of interest to a special group
news + letter (Wiktionary)