American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A weblog.
- v. To write entries in, add material to, or maintain a weblog.
- n. Internet A website that allows users to reflect, share opinions, and discuss various topics in the form of online journal while readers may comment on posts. Most blogs are written in a slightly informal tone (personal journals, news, businesses, etc.) Entries typically appear in reverse chronological order.
- n. blogging An entry in a blog.
- v. blogging To contribute to a blog.
- v. UK, slang To blag, to steal something; To acquire something illegally.
- v. read, write, or edit a shared on-line journal
- n. a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies
- Shortened form of weblog. The Oxford English Dictionary says the shortened word was coined May 23, 1999 and references the "Jargon Watch" article in an issue of the online magazine "Tasty Bits from the Technology Front" which attributes the shortening to Peter Merholz who put the following on his web site: (Wiktionary)
- (we)blog. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Today's question: how will a community respond to the surfacing of an alleged murderer's blog, and the blog* of his girlfriend/alleged victims' daughter which contains case-related content?”
“Discovered that someone who's not supposed to have known about your blog has discovered your blog******”
“I need related website（except free blog, spam blog）”
“Ensure that user is blog owner, and create @blog. def protect_blog @blog =”
“The most novel feature in the Posts controller appears in the create action, where we use the array append operator to push a new post onto the current list of blog posts: 21 @blog. posts”
“Hey all you can add your domain for sale in EzineDomain. com blog and directory for free as new topic "search engine friendly blog+ directory" and get more Bids for your domain name”
“Spec. new @faq = @user. faq | | = Faq. new @blog = @user. blog | | = Blog. new end The blog management page itself is simple.”
“And like stated above that “joke” doesn’t seem appropiate of a place like blog@ or newsarama in general and it’s more fit to a personal blog if it needs to be made.”
“15.3 Building the real blog 459 It's worth noting that the RESTful blog id is available as params [: blog_id], which we use to find @blog in the protect_blog function.”
“Chuck patiently explained that "blog is short for web log - 'blog' - and it's an on-line journal.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blog’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Loved for their ingenuity, an exact description, or simply for the pure joy of it.
Buzzwords of our time
Words created by blending the sounds and meanings of two pre-existing words.
(The older or the more commonly accepted/understood, the better IMO.)
21st century coinage. Any strange words you`ve seen on TV or heard from irritating young people.
These are the words which characterize the decade, the ones on minds, on lips, in hearts: the ones which rose or flourished during these ten years, and became an inseparable part of our discourse, ...
Neologisms, portmanteau, and adapted words that pertain to the internet and technology.
denoting a discourse or compilation
I imagine most of these will be Anglo-Saxon, not likely to crop up in the average day's conversation, and thus excellent for Scrabble. ("most" is too common, likewise "will" and even "crop", in an...
My big word list.
My Tag Cloud
Looking for tweets for blog.