from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The highest point or part; the top.
- n. The highest level or degree that can be attained.
- n. The highest level, as of government officials.
- n. A conference or meeting of high-level leaders, usually called to shape a program of action.
- transitive v. To climb to the summit of (a mountain).
- intransitive v. To climb to the summit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a peak; the top of a mountain
- n. a gathering or assembly of leaders
- v. To reach the summit of a mountain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The top; the highest point.
- n. The highest degree; the utmost elevation; the acme.
- n. The most elevated part of a bivalve shell, or the part in which the hinge is situated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The highest point; the top; the apex.
- n. The highest point or degree; the utmost elevation; the maximum; the climax.
- n. In mathematics: A point of a polyhedron where three or more surfaces (generally planes) meet.
- n. A point at which a penultimate curve cuts two coincident parts of the same degenerate curve.
- n. In bivalves, the highest part of the shell; the region in which the hinge is situated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill)
- v. reach the summit (of a mountain)
- n. the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
- n. a meeting of heads of governments
Prior to Clinton's economic confab, the term summit had generally been given only to big international meetings or tête-à-têtes between world leaders.
Foreign Minister Yang told journalists Monday that Beijing will this year focus on what he calls "summit diplomacy" this year in a "comprehensive" and "coordinated way".
It seems that there will be a piece meal set of commitments, but commitments like a marriage, can always be broken … The denial of campaigners such as Friends of the Earth at the summit is another issue that will long be debated after the conference ends.
Since climate change has been proven to be fraudulent, this summit is the perfect place to send Obama.
Yes | No | Report from jamesti wrote 6 weeks 1 day ago most stands will work well for you and most have their drawbacks. the summit is a great one. the main thing is to use them correctly and use safety equipment. otherwise, you may end up evaluating them from a hospital bed where they will do you no good. you will like the summit.
It's exciting that a focus of the summit is a new G8 initiative - conceived and led by Canada - to improve maternal, newborn, and child health in poor countries.
The cancellation of the summit is a big blow to the government.
China says it will focus on what it calls "summit diplomacy" this year, with the foreign minister outlining plans for Chinese leaders to take part in high-profile meetings around the world.
This summit is an attempt to put lipstick on a pig, but I think the general public is beginning to see it that way, even if they don't know what the solution is.
It goes up steeply and at the summit is a dying cherry orchard that the former owner is allowed to harvest but not to maintain.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.