from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An alternating back-and-forth movement.
- n. The act or fact of reciprocating; interchange.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of reciprocating; interchange of acts; a mutual giving and returning; as, the reciprocation of kindness.
- n. Alternate recurrence or action; as, the reciprocation of the sea in the flow and ebb of tides; oscillation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of reciprocating; interchange of acts; a mutual giving and returning.
- n. Alternate recurrence or action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A going back and forth; alternation of movement.
- n. The act of reciprocating; interchange of acts; a mutual giving and returning: as, the reciprocation of kindnesses.
- n. In logic, the relation of two propositions each the converse of the other.
- n. The process of taking the reciprocal (of a curve, proposition, or quantity).
- n. In geometry, the correlation of two reciprocal figures. See reciprocal, a., 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of making or doing something in return
- n. alternating back-and-forth movement
- n. mutual interaction; the activity of reciprocating or exchanging (especially information)
reciprocate + -ion (Wiktionary)