American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Cooperative effort by the members of a group or team to achieve a common goal.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Work done by a team of horses, oxen, etc., as distinguished from manual labor.
- n. Work done by the players collectively in a base-ball nine, a foot-ball eleven, etc.: as, the team-work of the nine is excellent.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Work done by a team, as distinguished from that done by personal labor.
- n. Work done by a number of associates, usually each doing a clearly defined portion, but all subordinating personal prominence to the efficiency of the whole.
- n. cooperative work done by a team (especially when it is effective)
“She writes: A small work group I observed recently heard the word teamwork and thought it meant that everyone should be in on everything, and everyone should discuss everything before anyone did anything.”
“After all, having that kind of teamwork is something straight out of an African Safari hunter's dream.”
“If you believe people are motivated by a desire for credit, or a desire to avoid blame, teamwork is a blunting force.”
“But med-school curricula are jammed full with the minutia of science and the latest technology; the cultivation of social and emotional sensitivity and teamwork is lacking.”
“Supervisors observed a greater openness to change among employees, a general attitude improvement in teamwork, and identified broader options for promotion.”
“Its very rightly said in this that teamwork is the key of success in business.”
“An environment where teamwork is a must, collaboration encouraged, mentors and advisors are central to the program - and - the objective is for all to win as big as possible!”
“Their teamwork is a darn good example of Conservative Republican & Liberal Democrat, reaching across the aisle in a cause that should be a concern for all of us regardless of politics.”
“Unfortunately REAL teamwork is fast disappearing as we seek to protect our pensions and cover our own backs from the snipers ready to do our legs.”
“The teamwork is what's fun for me, and the help I can give to others.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘teamwork’.
Starting up a therapeutic service? Here are some words you can sprinkle throughout your brochure to sell your particular brand of change.
Intra-Group dynamics, psychology of/within, and heard mentality.
Looking for tweets for teamwork.