from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cooperative effort by the members of a group or team to achieve a common goal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the cooperative effort of a team of people for a common end
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work done by a team, as distinguished from that done by personal labor.
- n. Work done by a number of associates, usually each doing a clearly defined portion, but all subordinating personal prominence to the efficiency of the whole.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Work done by a team of horses, oxen, etc., as distinguished from manual labor.
- n. Work done by the players collectively in a base-ball nine, a foot-ball eleven, etc.: as, the team-work of the nine is excellent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cooperative work done by a team (especially when it is effective)
Sorry, no etymologies found.