from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A line used in towing a vessel or vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A line or rope used for towing a vehicle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A line used to tow vessels; a towrope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hawser used for towing vessels. Also towing-rope.
- n. In whaling, the long line which is attached to the toggle-iron or harpoon, and by means of which the whale is made fast to the boat, and may tow it. Also tow-rope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (nautical) a rope used in towing
Sorry, no etymologies found.