from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pile or bundle, especially of straw.
- v. to make stooks
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small collection of sheaves set up in the field; a shock; in England, twelve sheaves.
- transitive v. To set up, as sheaves of grain, in stooks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shock of corn, consisting, when of full size, of twelve sheaves.
- To set up, as sheaves of grain, in stooks or shocks.
- To set up grain in stooks.
- n. A shock of Indian corn.
From or cognate with Middle Low German stūke. (Wiktionary)