from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A quarter of a thin oatmeal or flour cake.
- n. Any such cake or bread, now particularly used for Irish specialities as soda farls and potato farls.
- v. Obsolete form of furl.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. Same as furl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To furl.
- n. A quarter or third part of a thin circular cake of flour or oatmeal. Also farrel.
Contraction of fardel. (Wiktionary)