from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A highly spiced pork and beef sausage.
- n. A slice of this type of sausage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A spicy Italian-American sausage.
- n. Pizza with pepperoni on it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a hard sausage of beef and pork, highly seasoned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pork and beef sausage (or a thin slice of this sausage)
Italian peperoni, pl. of peperone, pimento, red pepper, augmentative of pepe, pepper, from Latin piper; see pepper.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian peperone, bell pepper (Wiktionary)