from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone or thing which slices.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, slices; specifically, the circular saw of the lapidary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which slices.
- n. The name of various machines and appliances used in cutting bread, smoked beef, potatoes, etc., into thin slices. The simplest form is a horizontal knife set in a wooden frame; in another the knife is pivoted; still others employ revolving cutters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a golfer whose shots typically curve right (for right-handed golfers)
- n. a machine for cutting; usually with a revolving blade
- n. knife especially designed for slicing particular foods, as cheese
Sorry, no etymologies found.