from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone or thing which slices.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, slices; specifically, the circular saw of the lapidary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which slices.
- n. The name of various machines and appliances used in cutting bread, smoked beef, potatoes, etc., into thin slices. The simplest form is a horizontal knife set in a wooden frame; in another the knife is pivoted; still others employ revolving cutters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a golfer whose shots typically curve right (for right-handed golfers)
- n. a machine for cutting; usually with a revolving blade
- n. knife especially designed for slicing particular foods, as cheese
Sorry, no etymologies found.
So when it goes, pow, I went to send rocket to bang, we had a chain slicer go out.
Rolf’s wurst slicer is a true technological innovation.
Florida farmers who fetched more than $30 a few months ago for a 25-pound box of round, fresh field-grown tomatoes, also known as slicer tomatoes, are now getting $5 or less.
Usually, OLAP client provides a UI element called slicer or filter or page field or something similar, where user can choose how the current view should be sliced.
Or, it is if you're a 'slicer'-type oystercatcher: safer to make a living by growing a hammer-like bill and breaking in through the shell, methinks (polymorphism in oystercatchers was discussed in
One of the two strands is then transferred to a matching sequence on a messenger RNA, and an enzyme called "slicer" then cleaves the mRNA at the position of the duplex (8).
The PowerPivot add-ins will enable desktop users to do rapid analysis on up to millions of rows of data with the aid of "slicer" controls used to cut across multiple dimensions.
Bugfix: Array "slicer" controls could be sized unusably small if dimension name was extremely long.
Doubles as a fine onion, tater and tomato slicer in deer/elk camps.
Click on the link below in the next 30 minutes and I'll throw in this egg slicer absolutely free!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.