Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which slices. Specifically— In gem-cutting, same as
- n. The name of various machines and appliances used in cutting bread, smoked beef, potatoes, etc., into thin slices. The simplest form is a horizontal knife set in a wooden frame; in another the knife is pivoted; still others employ revolving cutters.
- n. Someone or thing which slices.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, slices; specifically, the circular saw of the lapidary.
- n. a golfer whose shots typically curve right (for right-handed golfers)
- n. a machine for cutting; usually with a revolving blade
- n. knife especially designed for slicing particular foods, as cheese
“So when it goes, pow, I went to send rocket to bang, we had a chain slicer go out.”
“Rolf’s wurst slicer is a true technological innovation.”
“Florida farmers who fetched more than $30 a few months ago for a 25-pound box of round, fresh field-grown tomatoes, also known as slicer tomatoes, are now getting $5 or less.”
“Usually, OLAP client provides a UI element called slicer or filter or page field or something similar, where user can choose how the current view should be sliced.”
“Or, it is if you're a 'slicer'-type oystercatcher: safer to make a living by growing a hammer-like bill and breaking in through the shell, methinks (polymorphism in oystercatchers was discussed in”
“One of the two strands is then transferred to a matching sequence on a messenger RNA, and an enzyme called "slicer" then cleaves the mRNA at the position of the duplex (8).”
“The PowerPivot add-ins will enable desktop users to do rapid analysis on up to millions of rows of data with the aid of "slicer" controls used to cut across multiple dimensions.”
“Bugfix: Array "slicer" controls could be sized unusably small if dimension name was extremely long.”
“Doubles as a fine onion, tater and tomato slicer in deer/elk camps.”
“Click on the link below in the next 30 minutes and I'll throw in this egg slicer absolutely free!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘slicer’.
As I got rolling on this, discovered this list, by Trivet.
Looking for tweets for slicer.