American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that blends, especially an electrical appliance with whirling blades for chopping, mixing, or liquefying foods.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which blends; specifically, a brush made of badgers' hair, used by grainers and artists in blending. See blending.
- n. A machine for mixing or blending together different kinds of flour, dry paints, or other powders. It consists of a cylinder of wood or iron in the axis of which is a shaft, called an agitator, fitted with spiral fans which when revolved stir and mix together the various powders or flours placed in the machine. It is usually combined with some form of sifting-machine, and is then called a sifter and blender. Large machines have also a feeder.
- n. A machine outfitted with sharp blades, for mashing, crushing, or liquefying food ingredients.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, blends; an instrument, as a brush, used in blending. an electrical device with a rapidly rotating spindle to which a specially designed container can be attached, so that the contents of the container are agitated by rotating blades at adjustable speeds, permitting various degrees of homogenization of the contents.
- n. an electrically powered mixer with whirling blades that mix or chop or liquefy foods
“And I reckon a blender is another way to get great froth if you don't have a molinillo.”
“Puree in blender and add back to pot to adjust thickness and seasoning including sweet-sour balance.”
“The blender is made with a silicon coating over a nylon core, so it is nonstick and easy to clean.”
“While the blender is running, pour in the olive oil in a steady stream.”
“While the blender is running, add the vegetable oil drop by drop so that it emulsifies with the other ingredients.”
“Add the oil to the other ingredients slowly, while the blender is running.”
“Puree tofu and vanilla in blender or processor until smooth, set aside.”
“That is, until the Potter comes back blender is infact a blender and chastises us for attempting to use it as a hammer.”
“My blender is smarter than Sarah Palin, even when it's unplugged.”
“Add the oil drop by drop while the blender is running.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blender’.
The universe as IKEA sees it.
Furniture, haberdashery, household articles and a lot more. The bulk of the list (750 entries) are IKEA articles in the original English version IKEA use...
active-response c..., add-on-unit for s..., adjustable slatte..., alarm clock, alkaline battery, anti-slip socks, anti-slip underlay, armchair, armrest, artificial flower, artificial garland, artificial plant ... and 830 more...
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
Looking for tweets for blender.