from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bending the body forward; yielding; submitting; condescending; inclining.
- v. Present participle of stoop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from stoop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Leaning; bending forward and downward; hence, bent; bowed: as, stooping shoulders; a stooping figure.
- Yielding; submissive.
- In heraldry, swooping or flying downward as if about to strike its prey: noting a hawk used as a bearing. Also spelled stouping.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the back and shoulders rounded; not erect
Sorry, no etymologies found.