from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That lends.
- n. Action of the verb to lend.
- v. Present participle of lend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who lends.
- n. That which is lent or furnished.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making a loan: as, the lending of money.
- n. That which is lent or furnished; something not one's own; a borrowed article.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. disposing of money or property with the expectation that the same thing (or an equivalent) will be returned
Sorry, no etymologies found.