from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or composed of flint.
- adj. Unyielding; stern: a flinty manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling or containing flint.
- adj. Showing a lack of emotion.
- adj. Having a taste characteristic of certain white wines, especially Chablis, supposed to evoke the sensation of flint striking steel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, composed of, abounding in, or resembling, flint
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of flint; abounding in flint, or having a flint-like quality: as, a flinty rock; a flinty fracture; flinty ground.
- Figuratively, hard as flint; obdurate; cruel; unmerciful: as, a flinty heart.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing flint
- adj. showing unfeeling resistance to tender feelings
flint + -y (Wiktionary)