from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Composed of or resembling slate.
- adj. Having the color of slate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling the mineral slate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling slate; having the nature, appearance, or properties, of slate; composed of thin parallel plates, capable of being separated by splitting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling slate; having the nature or properties of slate: as, a slaty color or texture; a slaty feel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of the color of slate or granite
From slate + -y. (Wiktionary)