from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of one that serves.
- n. An individual portion or helping of food or drink.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That or who serves or serve.
- n. The action of the verb to serve.
- n. A portion (especially, of a meal) served to someone.
- n. A layer added to the outside of an electrical cable to protect it
- v. Present participle of serve.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from serve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as service,1.
- n. Nautical, same as service, 17.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone
- n. an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal
Sorry, no etymologies found.