American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Gear; tackle.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which is used to tackle with; anything that serves as tackle, or as part of a tackle; means of attaching one thing to another, as for hold, purchase, or draft: used of the rigging or the working parts of a ship, of the holding parts or the whole of a harness of any kind, of appliances for angling or other sport, of military equipments, etc.
- v. present participle of tackle.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Naut.) Furniture of the masts and yards of a vessel, as cordage, sails, etc.
- n. Instruments of action.
- n. The straps and fixures adjusted to an animal, by which he draws a carriage, or the like; harness.
“Deshpande saluted Joseph's fearlessness in tackling issues of caste head on.”
“I hope you (and other members of the board) are interested in tackling * this* perception issue.”
“President Barack Obama said yesterday that the US is “ready to take the lead in tackling climate change, as EU leaders pushed him to follow their ambitious targets to combat global warming.””
“Also, is no one interested in tackling my above argument for Constitutionality under the Due Process clause?”
“David Pilling, 47, who was nicknamed “Robocop” for his efforts in tackling drugs, was found collapsed at his home in Camden earlier this year.”
“Focusing national attention on childhood obesity is an important step in tackling the childhood obesity epidemic, but we must remember that the commitment lasts beyond National Childhood Obesity Awareness month.”
“Ultimately, success in tackling climate change depends upon it.”
“Longer term, GOP leaders say they recognize they may have to compromise with Democrats in tackling broader problems.”
“They are fast, their footwork and technique are solid (nobody throws "like a girl") and, while most of the tackling is done with the arms, they're not afraid to deliver a hit.”
“But if the game evolves into something similar to the Arena league, where tackling is an afterthought, will it retain its current allure?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tackling’.
Words that, at the I put them here, weren't being listed by anyone else in the entire universe.
Looking for tweets for tackling.