from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A single portion of food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A portion or serving, especially of food that one takes for oneself, or to which one helps oneself;
- n. An amount or quantity
- v. Present participle of help.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a quantity of food served as part of a meal.
- n. the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of aiding or giving help.
- n. That which is served or offered at one time, as food or drink; a portion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal
Sorry, no etymologies found.