from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A stick for beating a drum.
- n. The lower part of the leg of a cooked fowl.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stick used to play drums.
- n. The second joint of the leg bone of a chicken or other fowl, as meat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stick with which a drum is beaten.
- n. Anything resembling a drumstick in form; -- applied especially to the tibiotarsus, or second joint, of the leg of a fowl, when cooked and served at the table.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the sticks used in beating a drum.
- n. Hence, from its shape, the lower or outer joint of the leg of a dressed fowl, as a chicken, duck, or turkey.
- n. The stilt-sandpiper or bastard dowitcher, Micropalama himantopus.
- n. The tetanus bacillus, which has a round spore at one extremity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stick used for playing a drum
- n. the lower joint of the leg of a fowl
Sorry, no etymologies found.