American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A flour tortilla wrapped around a filling, as of beef, beans, or cheese.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of grunt, Pomadasis branicki, of the family Hæmulidæ, found on the sandy shores of the Pacific coast of America and reaching a length of 7 inches. The name is also applied to other related species, as Brachydeuterus leuciscus, also of the family Hæmulidæ.
- n. a Mexican dish consisting of a flour tortilla wrapped around a filling of meat and/or beans, cheese etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Mexico) a flour tortilla folded around a filling.
- n. a flour tortilla folded around a filling
- From Spanish, diminutive of burro ("donkey"), from burrico ("donkey"), from Latin burricus ("small horse"), from burrus ("red-brown"), from Ancient Greek πυρρός (purros, "flame colored"), from πῦρ (pur, "fire"). (Wiktionary)
- American Spanish, from Spanish, diminutive of burro, burro; see burro. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“(The word burrito translates to "little donkey" in Spanish).”
“Turns out, having eight people touching the burrito is a LOT more efficient than only having three.”
“Here a burrito is a small flour tortilla folded in half over a spoon of filling, for maybe 3 pesos, compared to the $8 US for the Chevy's monstrosity.”
“So I, you know, as simply as, you know, ordering a burrito from the burrito joint in Spanish.”
“I just ran out and got an al pastor burrito from the cart on 43rd and 6th.”
“Sunday morning at 2am I ate two tacos and a burrito from the Rancho Bravo truck 3 blocks from my house in Wallingford.”
“Pump cheese belongs on your 2am, 7-11 nachos not on a friggin burrito!”
“In other chain burrito news, if you work on the west side and were jealous of the east side Qdoba alternative - the west side will soon be gettingits very own Qdoba on 50th btw. 6+7th.”
“I like Italian/Mediterranean flavors and ingredients (in burrito form)”
“Healthy, wholesome, and Yummy .... this burrito is packed with protein to start the day off right!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘burrito’.
This is just a list, right, that I'm gonna, like, fill with words, that, like, are every word that I can, like, think of with, ahhmm, my brain.
Lista de todos los diminutivos, superlativos, aumentativos y despectivos aceptados en Scrabble según el reglamento de la FISE. Memorizarlas hace la diferencia entre expertos y novatos.
vegan food list of basic vegan food or types of vegan food you've had and liked.
( food, cuisine, eating, health, vegan, vegetarian, animal rights, anti-cruelty, cruelty free, conscio...
english 7- summer school
funny names for the private parts.
( noun, randomness, funny )
also see: http://www.wordnik.com/lists/a...
Colorado Plateau mot(if)s: Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 3063 more...
As much fun to say as they are to eat.
Types of bread & breadmaking terms. Mainly I'm looking for plain or savoury breads but I'll accept the sweet-ish ones as long as they are more bread than cake :-)
Looking for tweets for burrito.