from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flour tortilla wrapped around a filling, as of beef, beans, or cheese.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a Mexican dish consisting of a flour tortilla wrapped around a filling of meat and/or beans, cheese etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a flour tortilla folded around a filling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of grunt, Pomadasis branicki, of the family Hæmulidæ, found on the sandy shores of the Pacific coast of America and reaching a length of 7 inches. The name is also applied to other related species, as Brachydeuterus leuciscus, also of the family Hæmulidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a flour tortilla folded around a filling
(The word burrito translates to "little donkey" in Spanish).
Turns out, having eight people touching the burrito is a LOT more efficient than only having three.
Here a burrito is a small flour tortilla folded in half over a spoon of filling, for maybe 3 pesos, compared to the $8 US for the Chevy's monstrosity.
So I, you know, as simply as, you know, ordering a burrito from the burrito joint in Spanish.
I just ran out and got an al pastor burrito from the cart on 43rd and 6th.
Sunday morning at 2am I ate two tacos and a burrito from the Rancho Bravo truck 3 blocks from my house in Wallingford.
Pump cheese belongs on your 2am, 7-11 nachos not on a friggin burrito!
In other chain burrito news, if you work on the west side and were jealous of the east side Qdoba alternative - the west side will soon be gettingits very own Qdoba on 50th btw. 6+7th.
I like Italian/Mediterranean flavors and ingredients (in burrito form)
Healthy, wholesome, and Yummy .... this burrito is packed with protein to start the day off right!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.