American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A consort of Zeus and the mother of Apollo and Artemis.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Greek myth, the mother by Zeus of Apollo and Artemis (Diana), to whom she gave birth on the island of Delos. She was a personification of the night and of the darkness, which is a necessary antithesis to the great twin deities of light, her children. She was called by the Romans Latona.
- n. In entomology, a genus of hepialid moths, with one species, L. venus, of South Africa.
- n. wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology; called Latona in Roman mythology
- From Ancient Greek Λητώ (Lētō). (Wiktionary)
“Jared Leto is ripped and he wants his fans to know.”
“Warners and Campbell chose Reynolds, who vied for the superhero role along with “The Hangover” star Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto.”
“Among them is Lauren Leto, 24 and a co-founder of viral website TextsFromLastNight, who heard about the charity from Dennis Crowley, 35, the co-founder of Foursquare.”
“Ms. Leto said she used her vast online following to raise $5,000 for the run.”
“Lauren Leto , the 24-year-old founder of Texts From Last Night and her business partner Patrick Moberg , with whom she recently founded the social network BNTER, hosted the competition.”
“Reynolds and his representatives entered negotiations for the part Friday, after the studio held two rounds of screen tests for the actor, Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto.”
“At first the Arcadian scenes were settings for Biblical or mythological motifs—one favorite goddess here is Leto, mother of Apollo and Artemis, who turned unpleasant peasants at a sylvan spring into frogs.”
“A girl totally transforms herself into Jared Leto using makeup techniques we learned in our tenth grade Drama 2 class, but never knew how to put to good use.”
“David Bell (Leto) is a miscreant who engages in minor vandalism and major free running, and his buddy Cyril Raffaelli (Damien) is a cop who loves him some martial arts.”
“Damien and Leto have to evade and/or beat the snot out of 200 riot police and unite the five quite colorful gang leaders of the district to show the video of the shooting to the prime minister and stop the scheme.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Leto’.
Key words of the Odyssey by Homer in English including all those famous repeating epitethons like
Looking for tweets for Leto.