from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A consort of Zeus and the mother of Apollo and Artemis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. In Greek mythology, the mother of Apollo and Artemis
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Greek myth, the mother by Zeus of Apollo and Artemis (Diana), to whom she gave birth on the island of Delos.
- n. In entomology, a genus of hepialid moths, with one species, L. venus, of South Africa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology; called Latona in Roman mythology
From Ancient Greek Λητώ (Lētō). (Wiktionary)