from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The amount that a plate can hold.
- n. A generous portion of food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quantity contained on a plate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Enough to fill a plate; as much as a plate will hold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. As much as a plate will hold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quantity contained in a plate
plate + -ful (Wiktionary)