from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The amount that a cup can hold.
- n. A measure of capacity equal to one cup.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The amount necessary to make a cup full
- n. A half pint, i.e. eight ounces
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. As much as a cup will hold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quantity that a cup holds; the contents of a cup.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quantity a cup will hold
cup + -ful (Wiktionary)