from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The amount that a tablespoon can hold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The capacity of a tablespoon (table implement).
- n. A tablespoon (measure of volume).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. As much as a tablespoon will hold; enough to fill a tablespoon. It is usually reckoned as one half of a fluid ounce, or four fluid drams.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. As much as a table-spoon will hold; as a customary measure, half a fluid-ounce, being of about twice the capacity of a dessert-spoon, and four times that of a tea-spoon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. as much as a tablespoon will hold
From tablespoon + -ful. (Wiktionary)